In today’s world, where we are in constant contact with each other, it is sometimes impossible to respond immediately to all messages, no matter how much you like the sender. However, many people get upset when they are left on “Seen,” and the pressure increases to respond as soon as you open a WhatsApp message. But there is a lesser-known WhatsApp trick that allows you to read messages in their entirety without opening them.
Here’s how to read WhatsApp messages without letting the sender know:
In this article, we will share a WhatsApp trick that is not widely known but can save you some time before you have to formulate a response. We will show you how to view WhatsApp messages without activating the blue checkmarks or letting the sender know that you have read their message.
Table of Contents
The Trick to Read WhatsApp Messages
According to the mobile device management solution company AirDroid, you should first long-press the home screen, which will display a menu page. Then, you should tap on “Widgets,” which will display all available widgets. Find the “4×1 WhatsApp” widget and drag it onto any of your home pages, long-pressing it once added to resize it.
However, you must be careful not to touch any chats as it will activate them and alert the senders. Unfortunately, this hack is only available for Android users.
Disabling Read Receipts on WhatsApp for iPhone Users
iPhone users can choose to disable read receipts in the WhatsApp application itself, preventing friends, family, and colleagues from seeing those blue checkmarks. To do this, tap on “More Options” on WhatsApp before clicking on “Settings.” Then, go to “Privacy,” where you will be offered the option to turn off read receipts.
However, according to the WhatsApp website, this action will not disable read receipts for group chats, nor will it return read receipts for voice messages because “there is no way to disable those settings.”
In conclusion, if you want to read WhatsApp messages without letting the sender know, you can use the 4×1 WhatsApp widget if you are an Android user. For iPhone users, you can disable read receipts in the WhatsApp settings, but keep in mind that this will also disable read receipts for group chats and voice messages.
We hope this article has helped you save some time and ease the pressure of having to respond to messages immediately. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
- Can I still see if someone has read my message if I turn off read receipts?
- No, if you turn off read receipts, you won’t be able to see if someone has read your message.
- Will disabling read receipts affect group chats?
- Yes, disabling read receipts will also turn off read receipts for group chats.
- Can I turn off read receipts for specific chats?
- No, you cannot turn off read receipts for specific chats.
- Is the 4×1 WhatsApp widget available for iPhone users?
- No, the 4×1 WhatsApp widget is only available for Android users.
- Will disabling read receipts also turn off read receipts for voice messages?
- Yes, disabling read receipts will also turn off read receipts for voice messages.